Most restaurants will have several listings for vegetarian meals. This may be salads, pastas, an au-gratin dish, flammkuchen, or soups. Germans like to eat seasonal, so during certain times of the year, like in May, you will find lots of asparagus dishes on the menu. Later in the year it may be various mushrooms like chantarelles (pfifferlinge), pumpkin dishes, or members from the cabbage family.
Eating Vegan means you may need to order ala carte, but decent restaurants are usually happy to create a platter of veggies for you. Going to ethnic restaurants is often a good option, whether Indian, Asian, Middle Eastern or Turkish. Lots of produce stands are located in the main underground stations and they offer large cups of cut-up fruits for 1.50-2 € as well as fruit smoothie stands. Look at the lower levels of the main subway stops, like Konstablerwache or the Hauptwache for these stands.
We will list as many restaurants and stores as possible, and if you find a new one, please let us know. These are all just suggestions of course, because we haven't visited all of them personally. Tell us if you liked them or recommend them. Many of these places can also be found on Facebook.
* Zeil Kitchen Located right in the middle of the Zeil
M-Sat. 9-23:00, Sun. 12-22:00
* Veggie Haus Eschersheimerlandstrasse 90
* Cigköftem Turkish Restaurant - Münchener Strasse 20
069-36602372 Open Daily
* Nasch Werkstatt- Alte Gasse 27 www.naschwerkstat.de 069-15629980
* Cafe' Apfelkern & Kolibri - Mußbachstrasse 21, Bad Homburg
Tues.-Thur. & Sun. 10-20:00, Sat. 10-22:00, Mon. closed
2nd location - Frankfurterstrassse 6, Bad Vilbel
* Savory Burgfriedenstrasse 2
Tues-Fri. 11:30-20:00 Sat. 11:00-16:00
* Rohkosteria Sandweg 6
Mon.-Fri. 08:00-20:00 Sat.& Sun. 09:00-20:00
VEGETARIAN & VEGAN OPTIONS (but some may also serve meat)
* VEVAY - Vegetarian & Vegan Neue Mainzerstrasse 20
Mon-Sat. 10:00-23:00 Sun. 10:00-16:00
* Taste of India - Berger Str. 14 & Gartenstrasse 48
Great lunch buffet with at least 6 Vegan options
* Falafel & Mehr -Vegan & Vegetarian Bergerstrasse 74
Mon-Sat. 11-21:00 Sun. 11-19:00
* Saravanaa Bhavan- Vegetarian Indian Restaurant, Kaiser Str. 66
11:00 - 22:30 every day
* Ginkgo - Berger Str. 81, with a varied menu to suit everybody, they do list quite a few Vegan & Vegetarian options. Very popular for breakfast as well as during the rest of the day.
Sun.-Thur. 9-midnight, Fri. & Sat. 9-01:00
* MoschMosch - 5 locations in Frankfurt, they offer a wide variety of menu items, with many Vegan options.
STORES OFFERING MANY VEGAN PRODUCTS
* AllNatura Supermarket
* Tegut Market
* Basic Bio Supermarket
* denn's Bio Market
* Reform Hause - everywhere in Germany
For anyone who is lactose intolerant, or looking for gluten free food products and meals, many of these same places may offer items that conform to these allergies.
Celiac Help in Germany